Lighthouse The Horse of Marken
Lighthouse Horse of Marken
The history of the lighthouse The Horse of Marken begins in 1700. In that year the three Suyderzeese Fire Beacons built to Hoek van 't IJ, Marken and Enkhuizen. The tower of the lighthouse was square. On the foundations of this lighthouse was by J. Falcon designed round tower on the eastern tip former island Marken in the former Zuiderzee, now IJsselmeer. Later the buildings were built lighthouse that the characteristic form provided.
The tower of the Horse of Marken has a flat roof with a bypass. This is the light house located. In 1884, the lighthouse also mistbel in 1919 was replaced by a mishoorn. This has also been removed. The construction of the tower are the lighthouse keeper standing house was later built. This building was the characteristic form the lighthouse named Horse of Marken provided. Frequently, the lighthouse in winter a hard time by drifting ice. In 1971 this was so intense that even a few inches from the tower is pushed into place. The lighthouse is inhabited.Location Marken, Netherlands
Coordinates 52°28′N 5°8′E / 52.467°N
Year first constructed 1839
Height 17 m
Intensity 4,400,000 cd
Range 9 nautical miles (17 km; 10 mi)
Spotted on October 14, 2007
Urk Lighthouse is a lighthouse in Urk at the eastern banks of the IJsselmeer. From 1617 a coal fire was used for the local fishermen as well as for the ships sailing from Amsterdam to the North Sea. The current lighthouse station was established in 1837. The tower was built in 1845 as a round brick tower attached to a keeper's house. A Fresnel lens is still in use. The lighthouse was restored in 1972 and declared a national monument of the Netherlands in 1982. The tower can be visited during guided tours
Coordinates 52°39′40″N 5°35′28″E
Year first lit 1845
Tower shape Conical
Markings / pattern White tower, red lantern with green dome
Focal height 18.5 m
Original lens Fresnel
Range 18 nautical miles (33 km; 21 mi)
Characteristic Fl 5s
ARLHS number NET-026
Netherlands number 1956
Spotted on 25 April 2008
Lighthouse Oosterleek (Leekerhoek). In 2001 the old tower from 1939, need to be replaced through a new identical one.(works since 1939, building height or 8.8 m, height of fire 12 m, range 11 sm white or light - red 9 sm, characteristic [Fl WR 6s] one flash every six seconds)
coordinates (GPS): 52 ° 38'12 .3'' N - 05 ° 11'53 .7'' E
there is written on Lighthouse
the sun would not mind us,love, unless it underwent
Spotted on Saturday, May 24, 2008
De Ven Lighthouse in Oosterdijk
De Ven is a lighthouse in Oosterdijk, a village now in the city of Enkhuizen, Netherlands. Built in 1699-1700, it is one of the oldest lighthouses in the Netherlands.
De Ven was one of the three lighthouses indicating the route from the Waddenzee to Amsterdam; the other two were at Marken and Durgerdam. De Ven is the only one remaining of the three original lighthouses.
In 1819 the lighthouse burned down, with only the outer walls still standing. An emergency solution functioned for twenty years. In 1834, the light was equipped with a Fresnel lens. For years, a second tower next to the lighthouse passed on information to passing ships about wind and weather. Since 1966 the lighthouse is a Rijksmonument.
The light was extinguished on 16 April 2009 since the light characteristic no longer properly marked the shipping route to Lemmer. After protests the light was reinstated with a different characteristic, on 21 October 2009. The lighthouse is not open to the public.
Location Oosterdijk, Enkhuizen, Netherlands
Coordinates 52°45′N 5°17′E
Year first constructed 1699
Year first lit 1700
Height 15 m
Focal height 17 m
Intensity 4,200 cd
Range 11 nautical miles (20 km; 13 mi)
Spotted on Saturday, May 24, 2008
Lighthouse Island Hoek van 't IJ
Hoek van 't IJ"Lighthouse Island" is a small island in the IJmeer, the Netherlands, just off the coast of Durgerdam. The island's main function is as a base for a lighthouse; a military fort on the island was abandoned in the 1930s.
The island's lighthouse has been in operation since 1700; it is named for the opposite point on the mainland, Hoek van 't IJ, or "Corner of the IJ". The first lighthouse was a square, stone building. In 1809, the island was equipped with a military post, which, in 1844, was expanded to a real fort, which, in 1883, became a part of the Stelling van Amsterdam. The lighthouse was replaced with a cast-iron construction in 1893, which is still standing.
At the end of the nineteenth century, a bomb-proof building and artillery battery were built on the island, but its five guns were moved to Den Helder in 1904. In 1959, it was delisted as a stronghold, but the last soldiers had left long before. In 1981, the island was listed as a Rijksmonument, and in 1996, a bridge was built, which connected the island and the mainland. The fog signal was deactivated in 2001, and the light was extinguished in 2003, when the last lighthouse keeper retired. It was rekindled in 2005.
Location Durgerdam, Netherlands
Coordinates 52°22′21″N 5°0′28″E
Year first constructed 1893 (current tower)
Deactivated 2003, reactivated 2005
Construction cast iron
Height 19,5 m
Focal height 18 m
Intensity 2,850,000 cd
Range 14 nautical miles (26 km; 16 mi) (white)
11 nautical miles (20 km; 13 mi) (red)
Characteristic Oc WR 5s
Netherlands number 1710
Spotted on Saturday, May 24, 2008
In a newspaper from September 1712 is a tender for a huizinghe Workummer at the lighthouse on the dike. Between 1643 and 1712, the wooden rod is replaced by a stone tower of three storeys. Reid assumes his house at the tower in the spring of 1713, is built.
Around 1880 the open fire on the tower replaced by an oil lantern. Forty years later the whole coastal lights nationalized. The city Workum decision itself, however, remain responsible for the beacon. In addition to lock money, the city also because fire and beacon money from the passing ships. That money is desperately needed for the maintenance of the sea lock.
The oil lantern was extinguished in 1932 after the closure of the Zuiderzee. Then there is the lighthouse light line of two beacons gaslichten built. Each leg of a four angle irons. During the day, these gas lamps on the pilot, but the lighthouse keeper must climb every evening around the fire to ignite.
In 1967, Reid lighthouse in the cottage of Workum. He operates the gas stoves still seventeen. Twice a day he climbs up in wind and weather: in the evening to light the lamps and in the morning to see them off. Maintenance is not much. Occasionally, the socks must be changed. But over time he comes increasingly to bottom with broken pieces of iron and especially in winter, the ascent of the beacons to be a dicey business. Around 1984, the province of the beacon over the city of Workum. The gas lights be replaced by the current electric lamps to solar cells. Reid, making it the last lighthouse keeper or light boost mode of the Zuiderzee
52° 58' NB 5° 25' OL Lighthouse Workum is the former lighthouse or light stand on the IJssellake in the Hylperdyk at the entrance to the harbor of Workum.
Against the white square tower is the home of the lighthouse keeper
Spotted on Sunday 14 Semtember 2008