Lighthouses Haute and Basse Normandie
is on the left bank of the Seine, on the town Quillebeuf-sur-Seine, Eure department. It is 4 km upstream from the bridge of Tankerville, in the Marais-Vernier, former meander of the Seine estuary.ound cylindrical stucco-clad brick tower with lantern and gallery, unpainted; the lantern is painted green
In 1818, there was already a fire, but on the right bank of the Seine.
After 1824, construction of the turret on the platform of current Quillebeuf.
In 1862, it features fixed white light.
In 1908, the fire is automated.
The current lighthouse of Quillebeuf is a brick tower with lantern green flashing light. The lighthouse was recognized as a historic monument in 2011; according to the citation its appearance has not changed since 1905
He noted a curvature of the Seine and is still in service as opposed to the lighthouse of La Roque.
Height 10 m Elevation 12 m
Lights-flashing green.Located on the south bank of the river in the Place du Phare, at the north end of the quay at Quillebeuf-sur-Seine, about 4 km (2.5 mi) above the Tancarville bridge. Accessible by road; parking provided. Site open, tower closed. Owner/site manager: national government. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-444; Admiralty A1324
Coordinates 49 ° 28 '27 "N 0 ° 31' 33" E /
Spotted May 12,2012
Pointe de la Roque (Saint-Samson de la Roque) Also known as: La Roque Light
This former lighthouse is now privately owned.
Height of Focal Plane: 183
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 9 miles.
Description of Tower: Square tower on the roof of a rectangular dwelling.1850 (station established 1838) (Reynaud Léonce). Inactive since 1910. 10 m (33 ft) square cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery, rising from one end of a 2-story keeper's house. Lantern, tower and house roof painted black, house white. The building is boarded up, but it appears to be maintained in good condition. The lighthouse was deactivated because it is 800 m (1/2 mi) south of the river, too far away to be useful for navigation. Located atop a steep bluff overlooking the south side of the river near Saint-Samson-de-la-Roque, about 5 km (3 mi) west of the Tancarville bridge and across the river from the Tourelle Ygou Accessible by road; parking provided. Site open, tower closed. Owner/site manager: Département de l'Eure. ARLHS FRA-460.
Located at 49 ° 26'28 "N, 0 ° 25'58" E
Spotted May 17, 2012
Location City Ouistreham
The present lighthouse, that replaced other means of signs and markings, was built from 1903 and inaugurated on September 3, 1905. It is a beautiful building, equiped with 171 steps, 38 metres high; its white light has a range of 16 leagues (or 29,639 km) and the red one that marks the danger of the rocks of the Calvados has a range of 7,5 leagues (or 13.980 km).
The lamp, fitted with a Fresnel lens, is a fixed light that is fed by a 650 watt halogen lamp. It was automated in 1993. If the light allows seamen to benefit from its reassuring presence, everyone can enjoy the recent illumination of the monument that accompanies the celebration of its 100 years ; this new aspect underlignes its importance for our population.
Body of water West side of the Entrance to the Orne River
Height Above Water 121 feet
Light Characteristics Occulting light with a 4-second period, visible for 17 nautical miles (white sector) and 13 nautical miles (red) ARLHS FRA-377; Admiralty A1377; NGA 8552.
Latitude 49° 16" 46'Longitude -0° 14" 46'
Spotted on May 12, 2012
Lighthouse Ver- Sur - Mer Also known as: Pointe de Ver Light
Nearest Town or City:Ver sur Mer, , France
Location: English Channel, Calvados.
Tower Height: 53 Height of Focal Plane: 138
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every15 seconds, visible for 26 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White square masonry tower on a house. This light is operational
Earlier Towers?1836: Square tower, 43 feet tall.
Date Established: 1808
Date Present Tower Built: 1908
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
ARLHS FRA-532; Admiralty A1396; NGA 8532
Spotted on May 12, 2012
Mont Saint Michel (Tour Gabriel),
Gabriel Tower, was built in 1534 by Governor Gabriel Dupuy. He was crowned in 1627 with a turret for the use of windmill and that will eventually lighthouse.Fire of Mont-Saint-Michel
October 1, 1870: fixed red light on a log cabin 3m high,
May 1, 1881: moved to the watch tower of the former depends Mount compound and restored by the Department of Public Works,The Tour Gabriel is located at the base of the mount, on the west side of the island. The abbey is surrounded by a large area that is covered with water at high tide but dry at low tide. The light was displayed "from 2 hours before to 1-1/2 hour after high water," During this brief interval it was possible for small boats to approach the abbey. The light was discontinued when it was observed that no boats were making use of this service. Located at the abbey, about 5 km (3 mi) north of Beauvoir. according to an 1895 light list. During this brief interval it was possible for small boats to approach the abbey. Mont Saint-Michel is a famous and historic fortified abbey on an island in the southeastern corner of the Baie du Mont Saint-
Off April 1, 1904 as unnecessary: no boat back over to Pontorson.Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-760
48° 38′ 0″ N, 1° 30′ 0″ W
Spotted on May 17, 2012