image-42076-lange_jaap_lighthouse.jpg?1447668216938
Ligthouse Lange Jaap ("Long James")
image-42078-lange_jaap1.jpg?1447669661789
Ligthouse Lange Jaap ("Long James"),The first aid to navigation at the site was a simple coal fire lit from 1814, at Fort Kijkduin, a few hundred meters south of the current tower. In 1822 the construction of the first tower was completed and it was first lit on 29 October 1822. The tower was a 22 metres (72 ft) tall, six floor brick tower. The light consisted of 26 Argand lamps with parabolic reflectors, visible up to 6 nautical miles (11 km; 6.9 mi). Cracks in the building foundation were repaired twice, in 1826 and 1827. In 1853 the light was replaced by an Argand lamp lens system with fixed Fresnel lens. The shell of the former lantern is displayed outdoors in the royal dockyard of Willemsoord in Den Helder.
The construction of the second and current lighthouse started on 1877 and and first lighting was on 1 April 1878. The first lens system was a stationary lens with Argand lamps from the old tower. In 1903 this was replaced with a Barbier and F.B. rotational system, with Mercury bearings. It used incandescent kerosene and had an intensity of 1,200,000 cd. Its characteristic was 2 flashes every 10s and was visible for "20 English miles".
In 1912 an improved pharoline incandescent light was installed. In 1924 the light was electrified in 1924 and a Brandaris 80V 50A lamp was fitted.
In 1940, during World War II, this light system was destroyed . An emergency light was installed in 1945, with an intensity of 62,000 cd. On September 2, 1949 the current 920mm 1st order Fresnel lens was installed, with the current characteristic.
In 1988 the site was listed as a Rijksmonument.
In 1998 the lighthouse was closed to the public due to cracks on the cast iron floors. Although it was refurbished in 1999 and a new coat of paint was applied, as of 2002[update] it is unlikely that the tower will be reopened, especially due to harder safety regulation since the Volendam café disaster and the formation of the Dutch Safety Board. ConstructionThe 17 floor 284 step tower was designed by Quirinus Harder and prefabricated by Penn & Bauduin in Dordrecht. It was constructed from 1,088 iron plate and 21,446 nuts and bolts.
Location Huisduinen, Netherlands 
Coordinates: 52°57′19.74″N 4°43′35.06″E / 
Year first constructed 1822 
Year first lit 1878 
Construction cast iron 
Tower shape 16-sided conical, gallery, lantern, rotating antenna 
Markings / pattern red, white lantern, red dome 
Height 55.5 metres (182 ft)[1] 
Focal height 57 metres (187 ft) 
Original lens 1st order Fresnel lens 
Intensity 5,200,000 cd 
Range 30 nautical miles (56 km; 35 mi) 
Characteristic four white flashes, separated by 3.1s, every 20s 
Admiralty number B0858 
NGA number 114-9884 
ARLHS number NET-051 
Netherlands number 1494 
image-42077-lange_jaap_lighthouse_head.jpg?1447668539471
   Spotted on Friday, August 3, 2007
image-42079-lange jaap haed 1.jpg?1447669691565
image-42080-The_J_C_J__Van_Speijk_Lighthouse_of_Lighthouse_Egmond.jpg?1447672062486
     The  van J.C.J. van Speyk.  Lighthouse
            Egmond Aan Zee 
The van J.C.J. van Speyk. Lighthouse
Egmond Aan Zee The sea at Egmond could and can still be very treacherous. Therefore there were two lighthouses built in 1833. The southern tower was demolished in 1915, but the Northern tower still stands and is a lighthouse Rijksmonument.De Jan Speyck takes a prominent role in the boulevard of Egmond.  Wherever you are in the village, you'll continue to see the lighthouse.In 1922, the lighthouse light house tower rebuilt because the electric light was given. In 1967, the waiting room was built.
 The north side of the light is red to warn of dangerous shallows north of Egmont, when ships come out of this danger, the light again wit.hoogte 28 metersLocation Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands 
Coordinates 52°37′8″N 4°37′18″E 
Year first constructed 1833 
Year first lit 30 September 1834 
Construction Brick 
Height 28 m 
Intensity 45,000 cd (white)
41,000 cd (red) 
Range 18 nautical miles (33 km; 21 mi) (white)
14 nautical miles (26 km; 16 mi) (red) 
Characteristic Iso WR 10
image-42081-The_J_C_J__Van_Speijk_Lighthouse_of_Lighthouse_Egmond_head.jpg?1447672170574
              Spotted on Friday, August 3, 2007
image-42082-Lighthouse_Den_Oever.jpg?1447672566631
                 Den Oever Lighthouse
The Lighthouse of Den Oever is an openwork, red cast iron tower with three colors of light. The tower was built 1884 by Penn & Bauduin from Dordrecht and has a headlight range of 15 meter.Het light consists of the colors White, Red and Green. The white light has a strength of 1300 candela and can be seen at a distance of 10 nautical miles. The other colors are visible on seven nautical miles.
Location Den Oever, Netherlands 
Coordinates 52°56′7″N 5°2′3″E / 52.93528°N 
Year first constructed 1884 
Construction Cast iron 
Height 15 
Intensity 1,300 cd 
Range 10 nautical miles (19 km; 12 mi) 
Characteristic Iso WRG 5s 
image-42083-Lighthouse_Den_Oever_head.jpg?1447672642985
               Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-42084-IJmuiden_High_lighthouse.jpg?1447673203304
 The "High" lighthouse  High  Light or                              Inside Tower 
The(High or Inside Light Tower "high" lighthouser )is one of the two cast iron lighthouseswas built in1878 and designed by Quirinus Harder.
Hundreds of cast iron plates are screwed together to form the tower. The complete lighthouse included the doors, steps, windows is made of cast iron. Reason: the building is lighter than a stone one and accelerated.The lighthouse has ten stories and 159 steps; it is unmanned and not open for visitors.
The tower is situated in the inner harbour. Outside is the "low" lighthouse. The lights are standing in one line for the strikings ships.
Height: 35 meter.
Location IJmuiden, Netherlands 
Coordinates 52°27′39″N 4°34′58″E 
Year first constructed 1878 
Construction Cast iron 
Height 35m 
Intensity 3,500,000 cd 
Range 29 nautical miles (54 km; 33 mi) 
Characteristic 5s 
image-42085-IJmuiden_High_lighthouse_head.jpg?1447673301533
                  Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-42086-IJmuiden_low_lighthouse.jpg?1447674282717
               The "Low" lighthouse
          Low Light or Outside Tower

"low lighthouse of IJmuiden"
is a round, cast-iron lighthouse in IJmuiden, Netherlands, designed by Quirinus Harder. It was built in 1878 by D.A. Schretlen & Co, a company in Leiden and activated the following year. In 1909, the top three sections were moved to Vlieland where they serve as a separate lighthouse. In 1966 the lighthouse was moved slightly.
Together with the Hoge vuurtoren van IJmuiden, the 24-meter high lighthouse forms a pair of leading lights marking the IJgeul (the entrance on the North Sea to the North Sea Canal). The lighthouse now has five stories and 88 steps; it is unmanned and not open for visitors
Location IJmuiden, Netherlands 
Coordinates 52°27′42″N 4°34′28″E 
Year first constructed 1878 
Year first lit 1879 
Construction Cast iron 
Height 24m 
Intensity 23,000 cd (white)
5,500 cd (red) 
Range 16 nautical miles (30 km; 18 mi) (white)
13 nautical miles (24 km; 15 mi) (red) 
Characteristic continuous 
image-42087-IJmuiden_low_lighthouse_haed.jpg?1447674366672
               Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-42088-The_Julianadorp_Lighthouse_Great_Cape.jpg?1447674899009
   The Julianadorp Lighthouse Great Cape
Groote Kaap (Great Cape) (also known as the Julianadorp Lighthouse) is a round steel lighthouse painted red with a white light casing on the North Sea coast in the dunes near Julianadorp by the sea, in the municipality of Den Helder. The construction of the tower was completed in 1966. The tower was replaced in 1985.
The tower is 16.8 meters high, and the light has a height of 31 meters above sea level. It is listed with the international number of B0849 and national number of 1482.
Coordinates 52°52′51″N 4°42′53″E 
Year first constructed 1966, 1985 
Construction steel 
Tower shape cylindrical 
Markings / pattern red and white 
Height 16.8 m 
Focal height 31 m above sea level 
Range white 11 nautical miles
red and green, 8 nautical miles 
ARLHS number NET-077 
image-42089-The_Julianadorp_Lighthouse_Great_Cape_head.jpg?1447674944086
                 Spotted on September 23, 2007