image-42751-kabloes_belgium_flag.gif?1447936053506
image-41247-Lighthouse_Nieuwpoort.jpg?1447319494888
The Lighthouse Nieuwpoort
spotted August 8, 2007


image-41252-lighthouse_in_the_city_of_nieuwpoort.jpg?1447250807555


The lighthouse, situated on the right bank of the IJzer estuary, has an eventful history. It was built in 1881 at 100 m from the sea and 250 m from the IJzer estuary, asreplacement for the old Vierboete, standing on the left bank and more towards town, too far from the sea, to fulfil a normal function.
The new tower was 28 m high and formed together with the double private house for the lighthouse keeper one complex. It was illuminated with mineral oil and radiated a fixed red light.
At the end of October 1914, during the Battle of the IJzer, the lighthouse was bombarded.Reconstructed in 1923, in brick, it was equipped with an electric "flashlight".
During their retreat in September 1944, the Germans blew up the tower. The next year a temporary signal tower of 15 m high was placed on a dune.
The actual lighthouse was put into use in 1949. This time, a concrete construction, painted with white and red rings, certainly favourable with regard to its visibility and recognizability as a beacon, is concerned. It stands 27 m above sea level and the light source reaches 29 m. The red flashing light radiates every 14 seconds a light flash. The last lighthouse keeper did this job till he retired in 1963. By this, the lighthouse lost a small piece of romance - Since then the function of the lighthouse is regulated with an electronic remote control from the pilot service building on the other side of the IJzer estuary
.




















image-41301-Lighthouse_Nieuwpoort_stone.jpg?1447255901383
Ligthouse in the city of Niewpoort height:7,4m, weight1280kg, diameter:1,5m Spotted August 8, 2007

image-41248-Lighthouse_Nieuwpoort_Head.jpg?1447319429569
Place                           Nieuwpoort (Belgium)
Start of construction      1949
Height                          29 m
Shape                          cylindrical
Colour                          red and white stripes
Light Pattern                 Fl (2) R 14s
Light height                   28 m above sea level
Range                          16 nautical miles
http://www.nieuwpoort.be/nieuwpoort/view/en/nieuwpoort/tourism/visits/sights_of_interest/lighthouse
image-41253-lighthouse_in_the_city_of_nieuwpoort_1.jpg?1447250855468
image-41255-lighthouse_lange_nele.jpg?1447251207750
Lighthouse, "Lange Nelle

The Lange Nelle is the lighthouse of Oostende. It is one of the four still working lighthouses along the Belgian coast, the others are Nieuwpoort, Blankenberge and Heist.
The tower extends 65 meters above the sea and the lamp with Fresnel lenses located at a height of 70 meters. The tower has 324 steps.
This slender lighthouse with its striking blue and white colors, has a light frequency of 3 long flashes (Morse --- = O) every 10 seconds and a range of 27 nautical miles (50 km) at maximum visibility.
At Oostende. since 1366 in one way or another beacons furnished. The tower of 1860 was heavily damaged during the First World War. The current lighthouse has been in use since 1 November 1948 and was painted blue and white in 1998.
The tower is able to switch lighting on gas, if the electricity fails.
Near the lighthouse is the lighthouse district or Opex area. Opex Oostende. Lighthouse stands for Extension.
The Oostende. guide loop has, to this lighthouse, "Lange Nelle 'called 

image-41259-lighthouse_lange_nele_head.jpg?1447251338122
.spotted August 8, 2007
The Oostende. guide loop has, to this lighthouse, "Lange Nelle 'called 
Place                         Oostende. (Belgium)
 opening                      1948
 Height                        65 m
 Light Pattern               Fl (3) W 10s
 Light height                 70 m above sea level
 Range                        27 nautical miles
image-41269-Lighthouse_Blankenberge.jpg?1447252525869
.Spotted August 8, 2007
The Blankenberge lighthouse

The Blankenberge lighthouse was built in 1954 in the Belgian port. In the building under the tower is a maritime museum, Most fishing villages to our Flemish coast in the Middle Ages had their four penalty or lighthouse that served as a landmark for fishermen. The oldest information about Blankenberge lighthouse dates from the early 14th century. Previously one had the name "lighthouse" taken literally: often were simple brick constructions on a dune containing a stone attic and grill on which straw and, from the 18th century, also coal was burned so that the fishermen on the sea road home could find. With the construction of the harbor lies Blankenbergse a new lighthouse was built in 1872 was inaugurated. The Germans dynamit this building in 1944. The present concrete lighthouse built after W.O. II (1951). This lighthouse contained including a living and office space for the lighthouse keeper and his family. The style reminiscent of the interwar period. Today, the lighthouse operated fully automatically and is no longer inhabited. The Blankenberge lighthouse is the only lighthouse on the Flemish coast for the public. Under the guidance you can visit the light house. From the floor below, about 30 meters high, has a magnificent view of the sea, dunes and polders.Lighthouse Blankenberge is also known under the name  (Comte Jean)

image-41272-Lighthouse_Blankenberge_Head.jpg?1447252986774
 Place                         Oostende. (Belgium)
 opening                      1948
 Height                        65 m
 Light Pattern               Fl (3) W 10s
 Light height                 70 m above sea level
 Range                   27 nautical  miles  

image-41273-lighthouse_heist_gr.jpg?1447253313768
Spotted August 26, 2007
The High Lighthouse Heist

The High Lighthouse Heist is a Belgian lighthouse whose light is extinguished. The city of Bruges was looking after the silting of the waterway Zwin as another outlet to the sea, and found that at the beginning of the 20th century with the Zeebrugge harbor. The channel to this port was only in 't Zand called and was deepened. For this to fairway beacon showed two engineering contractors build two lighthouses. One of these two lighthouses was the High Heist lighthouse that was built between 1905 and 1907. Together with the Low Lighthouse Heist constituted a light line for ships entering the port of Zeebrugge wanted to enter. She was one of the first all concrete structures in Belgium and was decorated with Jugendstil elements and brick patterns. In the tower burned a white light that is resistant to eleven miles from the coast was visible. The line of light was visible to ships that had good rate of 136 degrees, so the beams of the low and high light led led lamp is a line found. By expanding the port of Zeebrugge lost his job and the lighthouse light was extinguished in 1977. 
In 1998 plans were made to restore the two lighthouses, and this work was completed in 2004. In April 2005, the restored lighthouse High Heist officially inaugurated. 
The lighthouse is in the recognized nature Lighthouse Meadow.

image-41274-lighthouse_heist_gr__head.jpg?1447253343702
Place                               Heist
Start of construction          1905
Opening                           1907
Monument                        1981
Height                              34 m
Colour                              Grey
Range                              11 nautical miles

image-41304-lighthouse_heist.jpg?1447256401535
Spotted August 26,2007
image-41308-Old_lighthouse__Knokke.jpg?1447256859327
The Low Lighthouse Heist is a Belgian lighthouse whose light is extinguished. The city of Bruges was looking after the silting of the waterway Zwin as another outlet to the sea, and found that at the beginning of the 20th century with the Zeebrugge harbor.The channel to this port was only in 't Zand called and was deepened. For this to fairway beacon showed two engineering contractors build two lighthouses. [1] One of these two lighthouses was the Low Heist lighthouse that was built between 1905 and 1907.Together with the High Lighthouse Heist constituted a light line for ships entering the port of Zeebrugge wanted to enter. The line of light was visible to ships that had good rate of 136 degrees, so the beams of the low and high light led led lamp is a line found. By expanding the port of Zeebrugge lost his job and the lighthouse light was extinguished in 1977. 
The lighthouse stands at the end of the promenade of Heist (albeit on territory Bruges-Zeebrugge) next to an active (high) light and rebellion in the shadow of the seafront buildings. She stands today next to the Light Revolt Zeebrugge Port High together with Low Light Revolt Zeebrugge Port a new line of light is


The old lighthouse of Knokke was built in 1871 and had a height of 17.30 meters. The tower gave the access to the Scheldt to white and had a rotating light. The buildings on the east side were not higher than 17 meters will be built. In 1952 the lighthouse was demolished. The light was visible 12 miles far.source and photos Michaël Maerckaert
image-41305-lighthouse_heist___head.jpg?1447256442579
Place                                 Zeebrugge
Start of construction            1905
Opening                              1907
Shape                                 Round
Colour                                 White

image-41344-Old_lighthouse__Knokke_1.jpg?1447256910496
image-41400-replica_knokke.jpg?1447257056136






The old lighthouse of Knokke in 1952, demolished to make way for replica a town square (the Lichttorenplein) and a tourist office. The latter was replaced in 2007 by a new tourist building that the contours of the old lighthouse suggests.
image-41405-Replica_Knokke_Head.jpg?1447257217029
Spotted August 26, 2007
image-41416-West_Breakwater_Light.jpg?1447257418486
Zeebrugge Date unknown (station established 1905). Active; focal plane 31 m (102 ft); red light, occulting once every 7 s. 30 m (98 ft) unpainted octagonal concrete tower with gallery topped by a small red lantern. The tower also carries an array of traffic control lights. Fog bell (3 strokes every 25 s).  Located at the end of the east outer breakwater outside the entrance to Zeebrugge harbor. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. ​​
not the real general lighthouse
image-41418-West_Breakwater_Light_head.jpg?1447257446550
Spotted August 26, 2007