image-41781-Westkapelle_high.jpg?1447442876905
                   Lighthouse  Westkapelle High
Westkapelle is best known for its lighthouse, the "High light" or "South Main" (Westkapelle High), who immediately upon entering the town to see. This tower is the remnant of a church in the 18th century has been lost by fire. In the 19th century a beacon placed so he could serve as a lighthouse. Lighthouse Westkapelle high, originally a church from 1470, was converted into a lighthouse in 1818. The first lighthouse in the Netherlands with parabolic reflectors (a technique that allowed for the first time they could radiate a strong light)1906 (station established 1818). Active; focal plane 49 m (161 ft); white flash every 3 s. 52 m (171 ft) tower, including approx. 12 m (39 ft) round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery atop a 40 m (131 ft) square brick church tower. Church tower unpainted; cast iron tower painted bright red; lantern dome is unpainted metallic green. 3rd order Fresnel lens (1951) in use.  The church tower was built between about 1458 and 1470. The Northernhead and Salt lands towers are placed so that they work with the high light as ranges. The church, except for the tower, burned in 1831, and since then the tower has served solely as a lighthouse. Huelse also has a view of the tower as it appeared before 1906. Listed as a national historic landmark in 1966. The cast iron light tower was restored in 2004. Located at the west end of the South street in Westkapelle, 1.3 km (3/4 mi) southeast of the low light. Site open; the church tower is open for climbing. ARLHS NET-030; NL-0054; Admiralty B0174; NGA 9144. 
image-41783-Westkapelle_high_head.jpg?1447442976276
                Spotted on September 1, 2007
image-41937-Westkapelle__Low.jpg?1447525975730
Lighthouse Westkapelle Low
image-42068-Breskens.jpg?1447665612029
       The Lighthouse Breskens 
Lighthouse Westkapelle Low : In addition, there on the beach half lighthouse, called the "Iron tower" (Westkapelle Low). (Also called North Main) in the first round, cast iron lighthouse (1875). The two lighthouses Westkapelle are positioned relative to each other that they as a skipper on a leash, he can sail directly to Breskens1876 (Quirinius Harder). Active; focal plane 18 m (59 ft); red, white, or green light depending on direction, 7 s on, 3 s off. 16 m (52 ft) round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery, painted red with a white horizontal band; lantern is white with a red dome. This light forms a range with the high light for ships at a distance approaching the Westerschelde; the red and green sectors warn nearby ships away from shoals to the south. Located just behind the seawall at Westkapelle, at the western tip of Walcheren, marking the northern entrance to the Westerschelde. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS NET-031; NL-0052; Admiralty B0173.9; NGA 9140. 
The Lighthouse Breskens    of    (Nieuwe Sluis)The tower was designed by renowned designer Q. Harder. The start of construction took place in 1866. The tower was completed a year later in 1867. Breskens The lighthouse is the oldest cast iron fire when in the Netherlands. After the tower was built in 1856 in Renesse in 1915 was demolished and the iron rod of Ouddorp here between 1862 and 1911 boasted, had disappeared. The tower was first provided with a fixed light and was placed in the south west coast light a light line along the shore of the Westerschelde. After both lights during the Second World War were put out of action for some time was the lighthouse Breskens a light that is interrupted every ten seconds and with a red and green sector. The other tower was no longer put into operation. The tower does not always have the characteristic black and white bands had. The tower has been to first yellow hereafter to be painted with red and white bands. During the Second World War the tower with camouflage colors. After the war the tower was equipped with the characteristic black and white bands
image-41938-Westkapelle__Low__head.jpg?1447526003980
                  Spotted on September 1, 2007
image-42069-Breskens_head.jpg?1447665753389
         Spotted on August 26, 2007
image-42070-old_lighthouse_Breskens.jpg?1447666150239
Nieuwe Sluis (Breskens) Range Front (relocated)




Breskens Spuiplein Old lighthouse was first at the Orange Square and now this to Spuiplein1868(?). Inactive. Approx. 10 m (33 ft) hexagonal skeletal tower with lantern and gallery, painted black; lantern roof painted white
image-42071-old_lighthouse_Breskens_head.jpg?1447666183495
           Spotted on August 26, 2007
image-42072-New_Haamstede.jpg?1447666998408
  The Lighthouse of New Haamstede
The Lighthouse Wester Light ,Westenschouwen, Schouwen or Wester lighthouse
(New Haamstede)

dates from the year 1840, the lighthouse is a powerful building with a height of 47 meters, below the middle line over 12 meters and above 5.50 m. The tower consists of 190 steps.
 In 1981, the dome of the tower replaced. The old dome can be found on the port of Burghsluis. The lighthouse of New Haamstede is the strongest of the Netherlands: 5,200,100 candles.1840. Active; focal plane 57 m (187 ft); three white flashes every 15 s, the first two separated by 2.4 s and the others by 6 s. 50 m (164 ft) round brick tower with lantern and gallery, painted in a red and white spiral ("barber pole") pattern; watch room, lantern, and gallery painted red. 2nd order Fresnel lens in use. We are fortunate that this classic lighthouse escaped destruction during World War II. The lantern was replaced in 1979, Schouwen is an island, separated from Walcheren by the Oosterschelde. Located in the village of Nieuw Haamstede near the westernmost point of Schouwen. Accessible by road. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS NET-029; NL-0324; Admiralty B0500; NGA 9576. 
image-42073-Nieuw_Haamstede__head.jpg?1447667026799
               Spotted on September 1, 2007