image-41496-Lighthouse_Hook_Of_Holland_High.jpg?1447324038471
             Hook of Holland (high)
Hook of Holland once had two lighthouses, the High and Low Light. They were needed to safely ship the port of Rotterdam to pilots. Now there is a lighthouse in Hook of Holland.
cast iron lighthouse in 1893, consists of six floors with a total height of 22 m is characterized by its conical cylinders with steel skin and circulation with a skylight on cast iron brackets; In 1974 the lighthouse and semaphore set aside by the construction of new led lights on the Maasvlakte. William Houtenstraat 102.
The High Light is still on his old place,
However, the light is extinguished in 1971. The tower is now used by the Dutch Coast Lighting Museum. You can see an exhibition on the history of lighthouses, lighthouse models, bulb changers, propane gas lamps, radio beacon, photographs and buoys. From the highest point of the lighthouse offers a magnificent view of Hoek van Holland
Name of lighthouse: Hook of Holland (high)
Country of lighthouse: Netherlands
Lat: 51º 58' 25" N
Lon: 4º 07' 59" E
Structure height (meters): 30
Range (miles): 28
Date of construction: 1893
image-41497-Hoek_van_holland_High_head.jpg?1447324163230
         Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-41498-Hook_van_Holland_Low.jpg?1447324459900
Lighthouse Hook of Holland (low),
image-41658-Hook_van_Holland_Low_head1.jpg?1447410871455
Then in 1879 the New Waterway was built, there were - as in IJmuiden in 1876 - initially no lighthouses built. Only in 1893 designed AC van Loo two towers in a line of light. The low tower was built of brick and 8-sided shape of land. In 1899 the stone tower replaced by a new tower, this time from cast iron, which is very similar to the high light.The low light was until 1913 a fat gas incandescent light (2 000 CD), from 1913 to 1921 a gas incandescent light (12 000 cd) and the light was electrified in 1921 with an electric incandescent light (20 000 CD). In 1933 was 18 000 cd brightness. The optics of the light was low in 1959, manufactured by Chance Brothers in England.
The two towers of the light line were 544 m apart. In1960, the high light with a new perspective, and in 1967 was the low tower painted gray.
The construction of the Maasvlakte
In 1974, the Maasvlakte completed, and thus came the two towers of the Hook of Holland to lie too far from the sea and were thus lost their function. The function of light line was taken over by 6 concrete towers in 1971, in groups of two light lines are now 3. The northernmost line leads to the New Waterway, Rotterdam and has red lights in the south leads to the Europoort and green lights and the middle light line has white lights and leads the ships from the sea off the harbor.
The function of light reconnaissance has been taken over by the new lighthouse on the Maasvlakte, which is also the perspective of the old high light of the Hook of Holland has taken over. The low light in 1977 in two sections transported to the Maritime Museum on the Leuvehaven in Rotterdam and is still there.
image-41499-Hook_van_Holland_Low_head.jpg?1447324495144
                  Spotted October 7, 2007
image-41659-Hook_van_Holland_Low1.jpg?1447410905175
image-41500-New_waterway_high.jpg?1447324995727
image-41502-LSouth_Holland_kabloesSouth-Holland_.jpg?1447325287845







The 6 lines of light,
In 1974, when the Maasvlakte was completed, the old lights were too far from the sea. The old lights were replaced by six concrete towers, forming three light trails.
Northern route: Two red lights and leads ships to the New Waterway and Rotterdam
Middle route: Two white lights and guides ships into the harbor
Southern route: Two green lights and leads Ship to Europoort
The new lights are considerably higher than the old lights.
image-41501-New_waterway_low.jpg?1447325047814
image-41503-Maasmond_high.jpg?1447325512540
image-41504-Maasmond_low.jpg?1447325546641
image-41505-Europort_high.jpg?1447325595716
image-41506-Europort_low.jpg?1447325617693
      Maasmond high,                                  Maasmond low,                                     Europort high,                              Europort low,
image-41641-Maasvlakte.jpg?1447405274557
                Maasvlakte Lighthouse                            Spotted on September 30, 2007
Maasvlakte Light is an inactive lighthouse in Maasvlakte, an industrial area in the city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. At a height of 216 feet (66 m) it is the twelfth tallest "traditional lighthouse" in the world,[2] as well as the second tallest concrete lighthouse in the world and the tallest Dutch lighthouse.
The lighthouse is located behind the dunes and sea dike protecting Europoort, on the south side of the mouth of the Maas. It marks the entrance to the new Waterway.
The light was first lit on September 19, 1974. The lens were transferred from the old Hoek van Holland High Light (the old rear range light) which was decommissioned in 1974. The light was deactivated on October 31, 2008, due to changes in the harbour reducing its usefulness. The radar antenna is still in service.
The tower has 295 steps.
The site is accessible, but the tower is closed to the public
image-41643-Maasvlakte_head.jpg?1447405306527
Location Maasvlakte, Netherlands 
Coordinates 51°58′12.17″N 4°0′51.45″E 
Year first constructed 1974 
Deactivated 2008 
Construction concrete 
Tower shape octagonal, double gallery, topped by rotating antenna 
Markings / pattern black and yellow horizontal bands 
Height 216 feet (66 m)[1] 
Focal height 67 metres (220 ft) 
Original lens 3rd order Fresnel lens 
Intensity 2,500,000 cd 
Range 28 nautical miles (52 km; 32 mi) 
Characteristic five white flashes every 20s 
Admiralty number B0633 
NGA number 114-9640 (former) 
ARLHS number NET-055 
Netherlands number 0986 
image-41660-Noordwijk_Lighthouse.jpg?1447411333719
                   Lighthouse Noordwijk
The lighthouse Noordwijk was designed by C.  Jelsma and built in 1921 by Van Splunder & Zn. The tower stands on the (Wilhelmina) promenade at Lighthouse Square and has six floors and stairs with 108 steps. At the lighthouse square is the monument Janus. The tower has a height of 33 meters and is made of brick and reinforced concrete. The tower is unmanned and not open to the public, replacing the tower from 1854. 33 meters high, North Side Kings. Wilhelmina Boulevard
 The light curve is three flare per 20 seconds. The light has a brightness of 38,000 cd and a visibility of 18 nautical miles. At the same place in 1444 were already firing fired for orientation for the fishermen who had to return home after sunset. In the 19th century a wooden structure built in 1854 was replaced by a stone turret. In 1921 the lighthouse was built like this today to see. In the thirties he was painted white.
image-41661-Noordwijk_Lighthouse_head.jpg?1447411369906
               Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-41662-Lighthouse_Katwijk.jpg?1447412841988
                   Lighthouse of Katwijk,
Lighthouse of Katwijk,The request for a lighthouse build in 1605 was submitted to Governor Prince Maurits. Eventually, only here in 1628 given approval. Following Katwijk got any fishing village on the coast its own lighthouse or beacon.
On the flat roof lay a grid on which a fire was burning, later a coal fire and the mid-19th century was an oil lamp with reflector placed in a light house. Since 1913, the tower is no longer in operation because there was no more ships came ashore in Katwijk.The lighthouse of Katwijk, also known lighthouse or Vierboet, is the second oldest surviving lighthouse building in the Netherlands. (The oldest lighthouse in the Netherlands is Brandaris.) The tower has a height of 14 meters and is on the boulevard at the lighthouse Square . Against children were told that they were brought not by the stork, but from these Vierboet. In summer, the tower is open to the public.
image-41663-Lighthouse_Katwijk_head.jpg?1447413035693
             Spotted on September 23, 2007
image-41664-Lighthouse_Scheveningen.jpg?1447413914788
The Scheveningen Lighthouse,Spotted on September 23, 2007
The Scheveningen Lighthouse is a lighthouse in Scheveningen, Netherlands. It was designed by Quirinus Harder and activated finished in 1875. History 
De 16th century Scheveningen had a lighthouse already, and the church collected money from the ships using it. It was elevated in 1850, and equipped with a copper cupola and a new light. In the 1870s, Dutch lighthouse designer Quirinus Harder got the assignment for a new lighthouse.
The lighthouse is made of cast iron and consists of nine segments. At the foot of the tower is one house for the supervisor and four more for the lighthouse keeper. The original light rotated in a mercury bath, which was replaced in the 1960s by an electrical system
image-41665-Lighthouse_Scheveningen_head.jpg?1447413983245
Location Scheveningen,     Netherlands Coordinates
52°6′15″N 4°16′6″E
Year first constructed 1875 Construction Cast iron 
Height 49m Range 29 nautical miles (54 km; 33 mi) Characteristic Fl(2) W 10s 
Also in Scheveningen(pier light starbord, height of fire 12 m, range of light green 9 sm, characteristic [F G] green continuous light, int. No.: B 0751.4) 
Spotted september23,2007

image-41667-jetty scheveningen-green.jpg?1447417025673
image-41668-Scheveningen__2_.jpg?1447417764799
Also in Scheveningen,(pier light port, height of fire 12 m, range of light red 9 sm, characteristic [F R] red continuous light, int. No.: B 0751.6) 
Spotted september23,2007
image-41670-Kijkduin_kabloes.jpg?1447418280300
image-41669-Kijkduin_.jpg?1447418148346
Old lighthouse of Hook of Holland in Kijkduin near Den Haag in June 2004, a duplicate. The original lighthouse worked from 1894 until 1974 in Hook of Holland. Than it stood from 1976 until 2004 in Kijkduin as an attraction for tourists. In February 2004 a helicopter brought it back to Hook of HollandThe municipality of The Hague decided to replace the above light with a copy made of materials that don't need so much maintenance. Located just off the waterfront in Kijkduin
(worked from 1895 till 1974, height of building 12 m, height of fire 25 m)
coordinates (GPS) : 52°04'12.3''N - 04°13'14.6''E
Spotted October 7, 2007
image-41673-Lighthouse_Helvoetsluis.jpg?1447419418273
                  Lighthouse Helvoetsluis
Lighthouse Hellevoetsluis
The lighthouse was partially rebuilt in 1901. More recently, it was restored in 1965 and there was a new restoration in 2004-05. After completion of the restoration, management of the tower was transferred to the municipality of Hellevoetsluis. Located on the west side of the entrance to the commercial harbor of Hellevoetsluis, on the north side of the Haringvliet. Site open, tower open on certain Sundays during the summer; inquire locally for the schedule. ARLHS NET-042; NL-0728; Admiralty B0536; NGA 9624. Current status (active, not active, museum etc):ActiveConstruction details (year of built, shape etc):1822Height of the tower, m:16Focal plane elevation above sea level, m:18Light Description (light sectors, colour of the light, number of flashes etc):Isophase, period 10s, 266-275 green, 275-294 white, 294-316 red, 316-36 white, 36-58 green, 58-95 white, 95-140 red, 140-266 no lightRange, nm:white 11 nm, red 8 nm, green 7 nmCoordinates (in any format):51 49.1838 N 4 7.6650 E
image-41674-Lighthouse_Helvoetsluis_head.jpg?1447419448792
                         Spotted October 7, 2007
image-41750-Lighthouse_Ouddorp_Westhoofd_light.jpg?1447438988137
Lighthouse Westhoofd Light /Ouddorp Light
Westhoofd Light   
Also known as: Ouddorp Light 
Location: Zuid-Holland Province, west side of the island of Goeree-Overflakkee. This lighthouse was built to replace the light on the church in the village of Goedereede, which was too far from the sea. The optic was transferred from the church to the new tower in 1912. The light was discontinued in 1940, and the original lighthouse destroyed in 1945. The current tower was built in 1947-48, and the light re-established in 1950. 
Tower Height: 170 
Height of Focal Plane: 184 
Characteristic and Range: Group flashing light with 3 flashes every 15 seconds, visible for 30 nautical miles. 
Description of Tower: Square brick tower. 
This light is operational
Earlier Towers?1912: Conical, octagonal concrete tower, 108 feet tall. 
Date Established: 1912 
Date Present Tower Built: 1948 
Optics: Second-order Fresnel lens. 
Current Use: Active aid to navigation. 
Open To Public? Grounds only. 
image-41751-Lighthouse_Ouddorp_Westhoofd_light_head.jpg?1447439019691
                   Spotted October 7, 2007