image-51488-kabloes_royan_lighthouse.JPG?1451328969161
Lighthouse Royan,
1954 (station established 1899). Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); two red flashes every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round cylindical masonry tower with a gallery on top and a circular balcony at the watch room level; the light is displayed from a small lantern on the balcony, not at the top of the tower. The tower has a red brick band at the base; the rest of the tower is painted white.  Located at the end of the breakwater mole enclosing the harbor of Royan. Excellent view from ferries crossing the Gironde from Royan to Pointe de Grave on the south shore. Site open, tower closed.  
ARLHS FRA-464; Admiralty D1304; NGA 1536.
Coordinates: 45° 37' 7.3" N 1° 1' 32.1" W
02/09/2013

image-51492-Lighthouse_le_Chay.JPG?1451331604924
Lighthouse le Chay,1960 (station established 1873). Active; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); quick-flashing red light, intensified on the range line. 15 m (49 ft) round cylindrical tower with lantern and gallery; the light is displayed through a square window of the lantern room. Tower painted white, lantern and gallery red.  The Chay range guides ships into the Gironde through the Passe du Sud channel, used mostly by fishing boats and smaller vessels. An unlit tower was built in 1772.  The 1873 lighthouse had to be abandoned in 1897 when the bearing of the channel changed;  During World War II, German troops heavily damaged the tower, and a British air raid finished it off. A temporary post light was used until the present tower was built. Located on the Rue du Phare du Chay in Royan. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-582; Admiralty D1312; NGA 1508.
45°37'15" N.1°2'22" O.
Spotted 10/09/2013

image-51494-Lkabloes lighthouse Terre-Nègre (St.-Palais-sur-Mer),.JPG?1451333407938
image-51495-kabloes Lighthouse Terre-Nègre (St.-Palais-sur-Mer),optiek.JPG?1451333756507
Lighthouse Terre-Nègre (St.-Palais-sur-Mer),
This building forms a round column of 3.16 meters in diameter and 26.60 meters high. A spiral staircase and central core of 143 steps leads to a top platform with a directional light.The tower is painted two different colors to make it more visible: the upper part is red, the lower white part.The base of the lighthouse is masked by a body building that once served as housing function keeper.
The lighthouse is the subject of a registration under the historical monuments from the 15 April 2011 .
The implementation of a bitter at this location is considered from 1763. Kearney takes the map markup four years later. Construction of the tower began in1770 an end in 1773,probably under the supervision of the engineer Claude Tardy Bordeaux.In 1807, the tower is stilted. However, these studies are considered inadequate by some browsers the estuary.In 1834, sailors from the nearby port of Royan send a request to the Ministry of the Navy so that consideration be given to equip the tower fire. However, this application is postponed to next year due to lack of sufficient funds.A new application of marine pushes the commission headlights experiment first fire in1836.Finally, on 15 October 1838,a fixed white light of 4th order is permanently installed.It is replaced in 1856 by a fixed white light of 4th order model with small diopter sector reinforced 5th order catoptrique . It is equipped with new fires in 1899 and 1904.In1939, it is electrified.During the German occupation, the lighthouse serves as an observatory to soldiers of the Wehrmacht.Damaged during the fighting in 1945 (presence of gaps at the top of the tower), it is restored in the immediate post-war period.
In March1947,the lighthouse is operational again.Fire3 occultations - change every 12 seconds - is established. Its colors are white, red and green.Its current range is 18 miles. ARLHS FRA-503; Admiralty D1294.1; NGA 1496.
Coordinates:45° 38′ 46″ N 1° 6′ 23″ W 
Spotted 10/09/2013
image-51502-lighthouse_la_palmyre_kabloes.JPG?1451335604740
Lighthouse La Palmyre                                  1960 (station established 1870 but inactive 1895-1932). Active; focal plane 57 m (187 ft). 36 m (118 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower, unpainted, topped by a platform and a large communications antenna. This tower carries two rear range lights. The upstream (eastbound) Palmyre range light is quick-flashing white, intensified on the range line; the downstream (westbound) Terre-Nègre range light is continuous red, also intensified on the range line.  Fichou discusses the complex history of this station, which required several drastic changes to respond to shifts in the deepwater channel of the Gironde. postcard view of the original lighthouse, a cast iron tripod tower. Although it was deactivated in 1895, this interesting tower stood until it was destroyed by German troops in 1944. The lighthouse is built near the center of the Parc de Loisirs, a large park on the north bank of the Gironde just west of St.-Palais-sur-Mer. This location is 2 km (1.2 mi) west of the front range. Located off the D25 highway about 6.5 km (4 mi) west of La Palmyre and 5 km (3 mi) northwest of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-381; Admiralty D1294; NGA 1492
Spotted 10/09/2013
image-51498-kabloes Lighthouse La Palmyre cart.JPG?1451335287657
image-51544-kabloesThe semaphore Mathes or semaphore Coubre, lighthouse_la_Coubre_old.JPG?1451380169963
The semaphore Mathes or semaphore Coubre, is a tower 36 meters high built in 1990 in the town of Mathes , in Charente-Maritime .The [Semaphore (Lighthouse) | [semaphore]] is built on the German blockhouse Riesel, a remnant of the Atlantic Wall which serves as its foundation. It replaces a semaphore built in 1857, became too dangerous by the advancing sea . It was inaugurated on 28 February 1990 and was abandoned in 1998.
The Blockhouse
The blockhouse Riesel or Admiral, built in 1945, was a height of 8m 90 and 4 floors and served as the command post of the German Navy. In 1990, he was cut from his 4th floor to build the new semaphore. Coordinates 45° 41′ 53.99″ N 1° 13′ 32.02″W
​Spotted 10/09/2013

image-51545-kabloes The semaphore Mathes or semaphore Coubre,.JPG?1451380388233
image-51546-lighthouse_la_Coubre.jpg?1451380847539
The Lighthouse of La Coubre, (French: Phare de la Coubre) is a lighthouse located at les Mathes in France.The Lighthouse of La Coubre is located in the municipality of La Tremblade, to the north of the Gironde estuary. This part of the coast, in perpetual movement, is an unstable, stormy place.
1690: records show the existence of a fire beacon at the Pointe de la Coubre.
The first wooden lighthouse was lit in 1860.
1895: the wooden lighthouse built 1.5km from the coast was brought into service.
Ten years after it was built, maritime erosion had taken its toll, a breakwater was built to try to slow the waves, but the ocean gnawed away relentlessly.
1904: the current lighthouse, built 1.8km away, was brought into service on the 1st of October 1905.
FEATURES OF THE LIGHTHOUSE:
Height: 64m
Number of steps: 300
Power of the light: 250 watts - Fresnel lens
Range of the light: 28 miles (52km)
ARLHS FRA-133; Admiralty D1290; NGA 1476.
Coordinates 45° 41′ 48″ N, 1° 14′ 0″ W
Spotted 10/09/2013

image-51548-kabloes Lighthouse de Vallières Saint -Georges-De-Didonne,​.JPG?1451381228407
Lighthouse de Vallières Saint -Georges-De-Didonne,​
was built in 1900 by the company Brunet Saint-Jean d'Angely, demand drivers Saint-Georges-de-Didonnes.
Square section, the lighthouse has a base of granite large unit, the rest of the tower being in stone smaller dimensions and light projection. The whole is topped with a copper dome surmounted by a weather vane and lightning rod to 36 meters high. The entrance, magnified by a pediment and pilasters, the tone of the classicist building. The lighthouse has 144 steps for a single lit staircase 4 windows on the east and west sides. A cornice, supported by brackets 4 on each side scroll.
Built near the old light house destroyed during the Second World War, he wears, especially on its north face, the impact of shells hitting him in 1945 during the liberation struggle of Royan. Its white light used for alignment with the lighthouse in rabbits in the forest Suzac (who wore a red light) ships that entered the estuary of the Gironde. Its optical wearing 10-25000 depending on weather conditions. Obsolete due to new radio navigation techniques and the creation of the oil port of Verdon (opposite left bank), it was decommissioned in 1969 and opened its doors to the public in 1989. 1901 (station established 1860). square masonry tower with lantern and gallery. The lighthouse was orginally painted white, but most of the paint has peeled off the stones. This was the rear light of a downstream (westbound) range guiding ships toward the port of Royan. Its present use is not known. Located on the Pointe de Vallières, a promontory in St.-Georges-de-Didonne, about 5 km (3 mi) southeast of Royan. Site open, tower open in July and August and by prior arrangement at other times. ARLHS FRA-476. 96 Rue du Port 17110 Saint-Georges-de-Didonne Frankrijk‎
+33 5 46 05 09 73saintgeorgesdedidonne.com
45 35.8907 N 1 0.4817 W
Spotted 10/09/2013

image-51551-kabloesLighthouse and Semaphore Chassiron.JPG?1451382320977
Lighthouse and Semaphore Chassiron
image-51552-kabloes lighthouse_Chassiron.JPG?1451382600145
Lighthouse Chassiron,
The current lighthouse was not the first to be built on the Île d'Oléron. As the area was well-known for its tricky shoreline and was strategically important – because of the naval arsenal at Rochefort – the French state felt it necessary to provide protection for friendly shipping and a lookout against enemy vessels.
In particular ships were at risk in the straits between the two islands of Oléron and Ré called the Pertuis d'Antioche, one of the most dangerous stretches of water off the Charente-Maritime coast. So in 1685 under a plan devised by military engineer Vauban a 33-metre high tower was built on the Île d'Oléron – it was designed to work in tandem with the lighthouse at the Pointe des Baleines on the Île-de-Ré. 
This tower served as Oléron's lighthouse and watch tower until the early 19th century, when it was decided to build a bigger structure. So in 1836 the current lighthouse was built and was named the Phare de Chassiron after Baron Charles Gustave Martin de Chassiron (1818-1871), a notable diplomat who travelled to Japan and China. 
The lighthouse has remained pretty much the same ever since, with one important exception. It was originally painted white but was sometimes confused by sailors with its similar-looking 'twin' the Phare des Baleines on the Île-de-Ré. That was potentially dangerous. So in 1926 the three six-metre high black bands that are so distinctive today were painted.                                              ARLHS FRA-235; Admiralty D1270; NGA 1420.
Coordinates 46° 2' 4.9" N  1° 24' 29.9" W
Spotted 04/09/2013

image-51555-kabloes Lighthouse Antiochon.JPG?1451383459108
Lighthouse Antiochon, on  the rock of Antioch,
A tag iron five branches built by Messrs. Cotton, mechanics La Rochelle, had existed since 1858 this pitfall located northwest end of the island of Oléron but it was insufficient for night navigation . Chamber of Commerce of La Rochelle has long been advocating the erection of a tower lit it and foremost a beep as the mist falls quickly .The Lighthouse Commission refuses to install, as required, with the lighthouse Chassiron because it considers this endoit too distant dangers. You must install the beep on the pitfall of Antioch but the metal Crosstree place can not bear such a heavy device. It therefore becomes necessary to turn a constuire masonry .April 14, 1914 Dm approval is signed but the war adjourns . In 1917 the funds are released and the site is open. Besides the old metal tag embedded in the concrete and rubble to serve framing the lighthouse was used.
After many difficulties the fire is lit on top of the last tower built on the sea coast of France using traditional methods and the cladding of the tower is ashlar limestone Saintonge. In total it took nine years of work and 495,000 francs to build this building.
5 octobre1925 : solid green light , permanent fire
October 1926 : Test of a fog signal cannon by acetylene
1938 propane fueled after the installation of a tank at the top of the tower,November 1952 : White flashing light ,
October 1964 : Registration Antioch on the part of the tower facing the sea,November 1966 : installation of a propane tank 2350 liters
September 5, 1978 : installation of a wind turbine ,
September 1981 : painting of the tower as North cardinal mark the international system.
Coordinates 46° 3' 56.1" N 1° 23' 42.5" W
Spotted 04/09/2013

image-51569-kabloes La Cotinière Lighthouse,.JPG?1451386138881
La Cotinière Lighthouse,
1899. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); red light occulting once every 4 s. 11 m (36 ft) round cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery, painted white; lantern and gallery painted red. La Cotinière is a port in the center of the southwest side of the island. Located at the elbow of the Grand Jetée on the west side of the harbor. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-252; Admiralty D1286; NGA 1456.
​Coordinates 45° 55′ 0.79″ N, 1° 19′ 55.53″ W
Spotted 04/09/2013
image-51570-lenrochements La Cotinière,D1286_4.JPG?1451386776618
l'enrochements La Cotinière,
Admiralty Code: D-1286.4
Zone: Hills Central West and Atlantic
Location: Charente-Maritime
Type: Flashing
Colour: Red
Period: 4.0 s
Nb flash / occ: 1
Height: 10.00 m
Elevation: 10.00 m
Range: 6,000milles
​Coordinates 45 ° 54'38 "N. 1 ° 19'42 "W.
Spotted 04/09/2013
image-51568-kabloes La Cotinière Lighthouse,lantern.JPG?1451387053149

image-51572-lenrochements La Cotinière,lantern.JPG?1451386882520

image-51574-kabloes La Cotinière south Pier.JPG?1451387363964
image-51575-kabloes La Cotinière south Pier_lantern.JPG?1451387471087
 La Cotinière south Pier,
 Admiralty Code: D-1286.6 
 Zone: Hills Central West and Atlantic
 Location: Charente-Maritime
 Type: Isophase
 Color: Green
 Period: 4.0 s
 Nb flash / occ: 1
 Height: 8.00 m
 Elevation: 9.00 m
 Range: 6,000 milles
​ Coordinates 45 ° 54'47 "N. 1 ° 19'39 "W.
 Spotted 04/09/2013


La Cotinière Epi,
Admiralty Code: D-1285
Zone: Hills Central West and Atlantic
Location: Charente-Maritime
Subject: Alignment
Type: Directional occulting
Color: White
Period: 6.0 s
Nb flash / occ: 2
Height: 5.00 m
Elevation: 6.00 m
Range: 13,000 milles
​Coordinates 45 ° 54'36 "N. 1 ° 19'43 "W.
Spotted 04/09/2013

image-51576-kabloes La Cotinière epi.JPG?1451387664096
image-51581-Back light alignment CotinièreD1285_1.JPG?1451390644837
Back light alignment Cotinière,
Admiralty Code: D-1285.1
Zone: Hills Central West and Atlantic
Location: Charente-Maritime
Subject: Alignment
Type: Directional occulting
Color: Intense White
Period: 6.0 s
Nb flash / occ: 2
Height: 10.00 m
Elevation: 14.00 m
Range: 12,000milles
​Coordinates 54 ° 54'52 "N. 1 ° 19'50 "W.
Spotted 04/09/2013

image-51589-Advertising seafood restaurant (Lighthouse)Cotinière.jpg?1451390874218
                   Advertising seafood restaurant (Lighthouse)Cotinière
image-51590-kabloes lighthouse Chateau dOleron front light.JPG?1451391251123
Chateau d'Oleron front light,Date unknown (station established 1862). Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); quick-flashing red light. Light mounted atop a round, drum-shaped enclosure, painted white. A red daymark panel stands behind the light. This light replaced a lantern on a short tower, Located on the south side of the fort. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty D1278; NGA 1432.
Coordinates 45° 53' 1.8" N 1° 11' 27.2" W
Spotted 05/09/2013
image-51592-kabloes Lighthouse DOléron.JPG?1451391632486
Lighthouse D'Oléron,1862. Active; focal plane 24 m (79 ft); quick-flashing red light. 18 m (59 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Tower painted white, lantern and gallery red. The keeper's house is in use as a tourist visitor center. This lighthouse is built adjacent to the Château d'Oléron, a fortress built in the late 16th and early 17th centuries at the eastern point of the island, about 2.5 km (1.5 mi) north of the bridge from the mainland. Located at the end of the Allée du Phare in Château d'Oléron. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-647; Admiralty D1278.1; NGA 1436. Coordinates 45° 53' 8.1" N 1° 11' 35.4" W
Spotted 05/09/2013

image-51593-kabloes Lighthouse DOléron lantern.JPG?1451391846405
image-51595-kabloes Lighthouse Port-des-Barques Previous Light.JPG?1451393422497
Port-des-Barques Previous Light,1869. Active; focal plane 5 m (16 ft); green light, 2 s on, 2 s off. 6 m (20 ft) square masonry tower, painted white. No lantern; the light is displayed through a rectangular second-floor window. Located on the south bank of the Charente, on the Boulevard de la Charente east of the Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Port-des-Barques. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-415; Admiralty D1264; NGA 1408.
Spotted 05/09/2013
image-51595-kabloes Lighthouse Port-des-Barques Previous Light.JPG?1451393566148
image-51596-kabloes Port-des-Barques second Light,.jpg?1451393803334
Port-des-Barques second Light,
1869. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); green light, 2 s on, 2 s off. 16 m (52 ft) square masonry tower with a pyramidal roof. No lantern; the light is displayed through a rectangular second-floor window. Tower painted white with one black horizontal band on the front face.  Located on the Rue du Phare on the east side of Port-des-Barques. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-416; Admiralty D1264.1; NGA 1412.
Coordinates 45°56'49.54"N 1°4'6.91"W
Spotted 05/09/2013
image-51600-lighthouse_Soumard__soumare__feu_ant__rieur_kabloes.JPG?1451394708552
Soumard (Soumare) Previous Light,
1948 (station established 1869). Active; focal plane 8 m (26 ft); quick-flashing red light, intensified on the range line. 9 m (29 ft) square concrete tower with a small modern lantern. Tower painted white; lantern and a short horizontal bar at the top of the tower painted red.  The original lighthouse was destroyed by German troops in August 1944. Located on the north side of the Charente entrance, 600 m (0.37 mi) west of the front light. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-644; Admiralty D1257; NGA 1400.
Coordinates:
45° 58' 00" N, 001° 05' 00" W
Spotted 05/09/2013

image-51602-kabloes Soumard (Soumare).Second Lighthouse.JPG?1451395175825
Soumard (Soumare).Second Light,1948 (station established 1869). Active; focal plane 21 m (69 ft); quick-flashing red light, intensified on the range line. 23 m (75 ft) square concrete tower with a concrete watch room and a small modern lantern. Tower painted white; lantern, watch room, and a short horizontal bar at the top of the tower painted red.  This range guides ships into the mouth of the Rivière Charente. The original lighthouse was destroyed by German troops in August 1944. Located on the north side of the Charente entrance, about 3 km (2 mi) southeast of Fouras. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-645; Admiralty D1257.1; NGA 1404.
Coordinates:
45° 58' 00" N, 001° 05' 00" W
Spotted 05/09/2013
image-51606-Fouras_North.JPG?1451395825770
Fire Fouras,
at the end of the north pier of Fouras,
* April 1, 1876: fixed white light on uncandélabre cast iron
* on amounts of iron and tin shack,
* fire occultations (3 +1) every 12 seconds,
white and green areas on a metal pylon.
Coordinates:45° 59' 47.57" N 1° 5' 52.55" W
Spotted 05/09/2013
image-51608-Fouras_North_street.JPG?1451396080389
image-51610-kabloes The Chauveau Lighthouse rivedoux_plage.JPG?1451398869828
The Chauveau Lighthouse, facing the point of the same name off Rivedoux-Plage, is the only sea based lighthouse in Charente-Maritime.
Chauveau Lighthouse was built during the reign of Louis XIV, at the instigation of Colbert, then in charge of coastal defense and the committee of t coastal lighthouses. Colbert wanted to bring security to maritime traffic in one of the busiest shipping lanes in France while also providing military observation posts. The lighthouse system provides beacons for navigators and pilot ships at anchor in La Rochelle, Rochefort, Ré and Oléron.
LANTERNE PHARE DE CHAUVEAU RIVEDOUX ILE DE RE, The lighthouse was built between 1839 and 1842 by the chief engineer Garnier and his deputy Potel. It is located about a mile from the Point of Chauveau. It is over 30 metres tall, of which 27 metres are above sea level.
The Chauveau tower building is trumpet-shaped. The flared base and concave profile ensure a solid fixation to the seafloor and a greater resistance to the shock of the waves. This tower is tapered at the base with an oak structure covered with smooth masonry and painted white. It has a strikingly fine silhouette, unique for a lighthouse at sea.
Developments in powerTélécharger
January 1874: substitution of mineral oil with rapeseed oil.
In 1906, rapeseed oil is replaced by petroleum vapour.
In 1968, the lighthouse was automated, following the installation of a wind turbine.
Chauveau todaylivret phare de chauveau rivedoux plage ile de ré
The lighthouse still contains all its original period furniture. A renovation and modernisation programme is planned. In addition to wind energy already used, solar panels will be installed. The lamp will be made more energy-efficient. Unfortunately Chaveau lighthouse is not currently open to visitors.Good views from shore; with good timing it is possible to walk to the lighthouse at low tide. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-009; Admiralty D1238; NGA 1324.
​Coordinates: 46° 8' 2" N 1° 16' 24.6" W
Spotted 07/09/2013
image-51611-kabloes The Chauveau Lighthouse rivedoux_plagelantern.JPG?1451398949321
image-51612-Baleines (Old Tower) (Ile de Re) Lighthouse,_kabloes.JPG?1451399889539
Baleines (Old Tower) (Ile de Re)  Light,1682. Inactive since 1854. 27 m (89 ft) unpainted round stone tower with gallery, attached to a 1-story stone keeper's house. Lantern removed.  Louis XIV's minister Jean-Baptiste Colbert ordered construction of this historic lighthouse in 1669 to guide ships to the newly established royal naval base at La Rochelle. The original light was a fish-oil lamp in a stone lantern. Following bitter complaints from mariners, this apparatus was replaced in 1736 by a stronger lamp in a cast iron lantern; the lantern seen in Huelse's view was installed in 1778. In 1949 the keeper's house became a school for lighthouse keepers; this school closed in 1970. The building was reopened as a museum in 2006. Located on the Pointe des Baleines (Point of Whales), the westernmost point of the Île de Ré. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-642.
Coordinates:46° 14' 00" N, 001° 37' 00" W
Spotted 07/09/2013
image-51623-kabloesLighthouse_Les_baleines_new.jpg?1451404143255
Baleines (New Tower) (Ile de Re) Light,Like all lighthouses, the Phare des Baleines on the Île-de-Ré is an impressive sight as it looks proudly out to the Atlantic Ocean from its rocky vantage point. The phare – French for lighthouse - is based in the commune of Saint-Clément des Baleines. They both take their name from the number of whales that have been beached on this part of the Île-de-Ré in the past (baleine is French for whale). The nearby point where the whales have become stranded is called the Pointe des Baleines.
This popular tourist attraction, with its 257-step spiral staircase and stunning views that visitors can enjoy, is still a working lighthouse. It stands 57 metres tall and on a clear night its powerful light can be seen at a distance of around 27 nautical miles or 50km. It was completed in 1854 having been designed by architect Léonce Reynaud and has been a workign lighthosue ever since.
Originally the Phare des Baleines was powered by oil, though later it was given its own steam-driven power source. After the Second World War it was hooked up to the power grid, though it has its own generator, too, in case of power cuts.1854 (station established 1682). Active; focal plane 53 m (174 ft); four white flashes every 15 s. 57 m (187 ft) octagonal limestone tower rising from the center of a 1-story keeper's house complex. 1st order Fresnel lens. Tower is unpainted gray stone; lantern painted red. One of the most important French lighthouses, this magnificent tower was built by Jean-Baptiste Mady of La Rochelle. Today it is one of France's best known and most visited lighthouses. A tourist site has a nice page on the lighthouse. Located on the Pointe des Baleines (Point of Whales), the westernmost point of the Île de Ré. Site open, tower open for climbing daily year-round. ARLHS FRA-136; Admiralty D1218; NGA 1268.Coordinates:46° 15' 00" N, 001° 34' 00" W
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51630-kabloes Haut Banc du Nord (Les Baleineaux) lighthouse.JPG?1451405688777
Baleineaux/Haut Banc du Nord (Northwest of Ile de Re) Light, 
1854. Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); white light occulting twice every 6 s. 32 m (105 ft) round granite tower with gallery; lantern removed. The tower is unpainted stone.  Located on a reef about 3 km (2 mi) northwest of the Pointe des Baleines. Accessible only by boat; there is a good but rather distant view from the Phare des Baleines. Site and tower closed. ARLHS FRA-002; Admiralty D1216; NGA 1260.​
Coordinates: 46° 16' 00" N, 001° 35' 00" W
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51632-Ars-en-Ré Eglise St-Etienne (St-Stephen church),.JPG?1451406411375
Ars-en-Ré: Eglise St-Etienne (St-Stephen church),
One of the oldest church of Ré island. First built during the 12th century the church was enlarged in the 15th especially with its 140 m high bell tower that is painted in black and white
and serves as remarkable seamark.1807. Octagonal pyramidal church steeple, upper half painted black, lower half white. The tall steeple, a conspicuous landmark on the low western end of the island, has carried this prominent daymark for two centuries; a view from the north shows how prominent the tower is. Located in center of the village of Ars-en-Ré. Site open, tower closed.The tall steeple, a conspicuous landmark on the low western end of the island, has carried this prominent daymark for nearly 200 years. 
46°12′28.01″N 1°30′56.02″W
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51633-kabloes Ars-en-Ré Eglise St-Etienne (St-Stephen church),.JPG?1451406519641
image-51642-kabloes Lighthouse Saint-Martin-de-Ré.JPG?1451407276247
Lighthouse Saint-Martin-de-Ré,1867 (station established 1826). Active; focal plane 18 m (59 ft); white or red light, depending on direction, occulting twice every 6 s. 13 m (43 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, painted white; lantern and gallery painted red. . The lighthouse stands near the late seventeeth century Citadelle de St.-Martin-de-Ré, one of the best preserved French fortifications of that era and a popular tourist attraction. Located in St.-Martin-de-Ré about 7 km (4 mi) west of La Flotte on the north side of the island. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-489; Admiralty D1226; NGA 1292.
​Coordinates: 46° 12' 26.6" N 1° 21' 52.9" W
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51644-donky_whit_pants.jpg?1451407803695
The donkeys of Ile de Ré, are known for their pants or culotte (koo-lote) as they are called here. (The word is also used for underwear and for a "smarty pants" type of person). 
The island used to be a giant marsh and the donkeys were used to work in the salt fields. To protect their legs from the many insects, they were outfitted with these leg protectors.today, the donkeys can be found in the park, giving children rides along the fortified walls of the city of St. Martin.
Spotted 07/09/2013
image-51645-donky_2.jpg?1451407838372
image-51646-Head North mole light,and West head of breakwater light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré) (France),.JPG?1451408177319
Head North mole light,and West head of breakwater light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré) (France),

image-51647-kabloes Head North mole light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré),.JPG?1451408508375
Head North mole light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré),
Admiralty Code :D-1228
Area :Coasts of Centre Ouest and Atlantic
Location :Charente-Maritime
Type :Flashing  
Color :Green
Period :2.5 s
Nb flash/occ :1
Height :7.00 m
Elevation :10.00 m
Range :5 Miles
​46°12'30" N. 1°21'54" W.
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51649-kabloes Head Breakwater light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré),.JPG?1451408971632
West head of breakwater light, (Saint-Martin-de-Ré)
(France)
Area :Coasts of Centre Ouest and Atlantic
Location :Charente-Maritime
Type :Flashing  
Color :Red
Period :2.5 s
Nb flash/occ :1
Elevation :5.00 m
Range :2 Miles
​46°12'30" N. 1°21'54" W.
Spotted 07/09/2013
image-51650-kabloes Lighthouse La Flotte.JPG?1451409335098
Lighthouse La Flotte,
1849. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); flash every 4 s, white or green depending on direction. 10 m (33 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, painted white; lantern and gallery painted green. . Located at the end of the mole at La Flotte, on the north side of the island. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-285; Admiralty D1230; NGA 1300.
​Coordinates: 46° 11' 00" N, 001° 19' 00" W
Spotted 07/09/2013

image-51652-kabloes lighthouse la flotte info.JPG?1451409708987
image-51657-lighthouse_la_Rochelle.JPG?1451410848864
La Rochelle fire Previous,The red light, is the front light of the alignment of the old port. It is located at the entrance of wet dock. It was lit on 1 November 1852 on a cylindrical turret masonry 13.50 meters. The previously lit on tower Lantern fire is then extinguished. The fire was electrified in 1936 and then in mars1955, the tower was painted with its current colors, red and white stripes. Finally, the tower was exalted October 19, 1963 to bring it to 23 meters high and reinforced fire.
1852. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); quick-flashing white light, visible only on or close to the range line, synchronized with the rear light. 14 m (46 ft) round cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Tower painted white with three short horizontal red bars facing the range line; l This range guides ships into the historic inner harbor of La Rochelle. The red and white bands were added in 1955. Located on the Rue de l'Armide on the west side of the inner harbor. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-803; Admiralty D1251; NGA 1364. 
Spotted 07/09/2013


image-default.jpg
La Rochelle the later  white lighthouse, is the back light of the alignment of the old port. It is located on the eastern basin dock afloat, said Quai Valin at 059 ° and 235 m from front light (red light). It was lit on November 1, 1852 an octagonal tower in front of the main building of 22,15 m in height. It was electrified in 1937.La Rochelle Feu Postérieur
1852. Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); quick-flashing white light, synchronized with the front light. 22 m (75 ft) octagonal cylindrical masonry tower rising through the front of a 2-1/2 story keeper's house. Tower painted white, lantern and gallery green.  This slender lighthouse rises straight out of the city's historic waterfront. Locally it is called the phare blanc (white lighthouse). Located on the Quai Valin, at the east end of the inner harbor. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS FRA-340; Admiralty D1251.1; NGA 1368.
Coordinates:46° 9' 25" N, 001° 8' 58" W
Spotted 07/09/2013
image-51661-Lighthouse_La_Rochelle_Lighthouse_du_qua_Valin_lantern.JPG?1451412109950
image-51662-kabloes Lavardin.JPG?1451412332353
image-51663-Lavardin kabloes.JPG?1451412389080
Le Lavardin lighthouse,
1888. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); two flashes every 6 s, white or green depending on direction. 21 m (69 ft) round stone tower with gallery.The original lantern was removed in that year and replaced with an acetylene-powered light. That apparatus was replaced in 1977 by a wind-powered light. This lighthouse and the Pointe de Chauveau lighthouse (see above) flank the approach to the harbor of La Pallice. Located about 1.5 km (1 mi) southwest of Chef-de-Baie, La Pallice. Accessible only by boat; there are distant views from shore. Site and tower closed. ARLHS FRA-646; Admiralty D1243; NGA 1352.
​Coordinates:46° 08' 00" N, 001° 15' 00" W
Spotted 07/09/2013